Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Honestly, I think one of the best things I've ever discovered is how delicious roasted vegetables are. I had a real yen for roasted Brussels sprouts, so I decided to make them as a side dish to the pulled pork sandwiches I made this week. YUM!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
A variation on this recipe by Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa)


2 pounds frozen Brussels sprouts, defrosted
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Cut Brussels sprouts in quarters. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the Brussels sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt (I like these salty like French fries) and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment