Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Greek Yogurt

This is kind of ridiculously easy, but I wanted to include it on my blog since I'm happy to know that I can make it in case I can't find it in the grocery store. Here's what you do...

Take 4 cups of whole milk plain yogurt (I imagine this would work with yogurts with less fat content, but I used whole milk). Pour it in a fine-mesh sieve that's been lined with a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Stick it in the refrigerator for 12 hours or until yogurt has reduced to about 2 cups. Enjoy as a substitute for sour cream, as is, or mixed with whatever flavors you want (honey, nuts, fruit preserves, etc.).

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can make your own yogurt too?
    http://dianafayt.blogspot.com/2010/03/yogurt.html
    It's pretty good and easy:)Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete