Monday, June 27, 2011

Coleslaw

I could eat an obscene amount of coleslaw. I like it way too much. And I take every opportunity to make it during the summer. I've tweaked a couple of recipes I've tried and came up with this one. Here's a picture of it on top of a pulled chicken sandwich:

Photobucket

1 bag slaw mix
1/4 red onion, chopped
2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
3/4 cups mayonnaise
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
Pinch sugar
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Several dashes hot sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper


Combine the slaw mix, red onion, and green onions in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix. Season the coleslaw with the celery seed, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment