Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup

This is a decent homemade option to make your own version of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I've gotten so used to drinking my coffee with no sugar that it tasted pretty sweet to me, but the nice thing about having made this syrup is that I can add as much or as little as I want. And if I want a little autumnal sweet treat with my afternoon coffee, I'm set!

The picture doesn't really show much of the actual recipe since the syrup is mixed in with my normal coffee with half-and-half. But I get to show off one of my favorite mugs, made by the lovely Shawna Pincus.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup
Courtesy of Sugar Crafter


Photobucket

1 cup water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or 3 cinnamon sticks)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves


In a small sauce pan, combine all of the ingredients. Simmer over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Do not allow to boil.

Let the syrup cool to lukewarm, and then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove some of the grittiness from the spices. Pour the syrup into a bottle or jar. Store the jar in the refrigerator, and use within a month. If the remaining spices settle to the bottom, just give the syrup a quick stir before you use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment