Monday, April 9, 2012

Triple Chocolate Cookies with Pretzels and Sea Salt

Oh my. These are such a wonderful combination of sweet and salty. I also feel like it's some sort of personal triumph when I find something chocolatey that my husband loves. He does not exactly have what you'd call a sweet tooth, so I know I've really found something good when he can't stop eating them.

And yes, those are bunny pretzels. Since I made these right around Easter, I thought I'd be festive.

Triple Chocolate Cookies with Pretzels and Sea Salt
Courtesy of Mountain Mama Cooks


Photobucket

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling


Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla and mix well. In a small separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and table salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop the cookie dough by the tablespoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Gently press a few of the crushed pretzels on top and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack and let cool. Then devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment