Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I meant to put chickpeas in a salad I was making for company the other night, and I forgot. So I decided, since I was having some other people over another night, I would make some hummus instead. I found a recipe online and used it as a loose guide. I think I used maybe a bit too much garlic, but other than that, it's super tasty. And very easy. My recipe recommendations are based on how much you like of each ingredient. Besides the chickpeas, of course.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3-4 roasted red peppers
2-3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1-2 teaspoons cumin
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons olive oil


Put all the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until the smoothness you prefer. Add more olive oil if the mixture is having trouble coming together. Serve with pita, pita chips, bagel chips, whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment