Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

These are the best roasted pumpkin seeds I've ever made. I think partly because I used the seeds from a cheese pumpkin (a variety of heirloom pumpkin), which are on the smaller side. The only variation I made to the recipe is that I used olive oil rather than butter.

Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
A variation of this recipe from allrecipes.com


3 cups pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup butter, melted (or enough olive oil to coat)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon seasoned salt


Preheat the oven to 300°F.

In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin seeds, butter, garlic powder, salt and seasoned salt until the pumpkin seeds are evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes until toasted. Cool completely on the baking sheet, then transfer to a serving dish. Or store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment