Friday, March 25, 2011

Vegetable Pork Soup

Well... This wasn't awful, but it definitely wasn't my favorite thing I've made recently. And the beer you choose really makes a difference. I think the beer I chose made it taste funny, and while I liked how it smelled while it was cooking, I absolutely hated how it smelled when it was done. Which didn't make eating it very enjoyable. I don't think I'll be making this again...

Vegetable Pork Soup
Courtesy of Taste of Home


Photobucket

1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 can (12 ounces) light or nonalcoholic beer
1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg


Sprinkle pork with garlic powder. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain.

Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment