Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuna-and-Tomato Pasta

I had the stomach flu from Saturday evening into yesterday afternoon. I basically couldn't get off the couch or out of the bed all day on Sunday. And last night was my first attempt at real food. So far, nothing's come back to visit me after eating it, but food is a little less than appealing.

However, this dish sounded strangely appealing. And I didn't have a chance to make it last week, so I thought I'd give it a shot for tonight's dinner. We'll see how my stomach likes it.

I know it's delicious. We've had it before. And it claims that it only costs $1.46 per person to make. Though I think the claim that it only serves 4 is a bit generous. So it's even less expensive to make! Woo!

Tuna-and-Tomato Pasta
Courtesy of Every Day with Rachael Ray


Photobucket

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons butter
1 can (6 ounces) white tuna, drained
1 box (1 pound) pasta shells


In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Whisk in the butter, then stir in the tuna.

Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain. Add the pasta to the tuna sauce and stir in 3/4 of the remaining parsley; season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment