Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bread Machine Panettone

This doesn't quite live up to the other panettone I've had, but it's quite tasty. And it's certainly a hell of a lot easier to make than the other panettone recipes I've looked at in the past. While it is still quite tasty toasted with butter, I actually prefer it cut fresh off the loaf.

I read the reviews and did double the quantity of sugar and dried fruit. I think next time I'll also stick to all smaller fruit. I used dried cranberries, dried currants, dried orange rind, and dried cherries. The dried cherries were a lot larger and didn't incorporate as well as the other fruits.

Panettone Christmas Bread for the Bread Machine
A variation on this recipe from food.com


Photobucket

3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons yeast
1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (this is not to be added in until the add in beep)


Add all ingredients in order giving except the fruit.

Add fruit in on the "add in" beep on "sweet bread" setting on "light crust".

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever made Stollen bread? An old neighbor gave me some last Christmas when I was cleaning the house we just moved out of. It was SOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! I have never made it before, I am not very good with breads, the yeast part scares me so I just stay away from all breads in general lol But I was just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stollen is actually on my list of things to try making during this Christmas season. Though I'm not sure if I'll get to it. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete