Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rice Petit Fours

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm giving these to people for Christmas... Because I can't stop eating them. I've always loved Rice Krispies Treats, so adding a layer of melted bittersweet chocolate is dangerous. In the most delicious way.

The best part of this recipe? It was Benjamin's suggestion, and he helped me make them. We had an awesome time. As you can see, especially once we were done pressing the rice mixture into the pan (done, of course, with a chef's best tools: clean hands).

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Rice Petit Fours
Courtesy of Food Network Magazine


Photobucket

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
Nonpareils


Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Press into a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Spread with chocolate and sprinkle with nonpareils, then let harden. Cut into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment