Friday, September 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread

I made this for my brother-in-law for his birthday, after he posted a link to the recipe on Facebook. It was not my favorite thing in the world, but the look on my brother-in-law's face when I told him what we were having for dessert made it totally worth it.

I added less peanut butter cups than the original recipe called for. I wanted to be able to taste the banana, and I thought the amount of cups called for was a bit of overkill. I'm sure that helped protect me from total sugar shock... Though the follow days of eating the rest of the cups as an afternoon snack didn't do so. Oof, I can't eat sweets the way I used to.

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
A variation on this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen

Bananapeanutbuttercupbread01

1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup of softened butter
¾ cup of sugar
3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
¼ cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.

In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and mashed banana together until very creamy about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until well combined. Add flour, yogurt and milk alternatively until well combined.

Gently fold in chopped peanut butter cups.

Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out almost clean in center.

Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan gently and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment