Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream

This is a very tasty Fall treat. And it's a far better pumpkin ice cream than the last one I made. While the recipe note said that the gingersnaps will get soggy after a few days in the freezer, we found the kind we used stayed pretty firm. I love the flavor they give too. I decided against adding the bourbon. I'm not a big fan of alcohol in my ice cream. Plus, I figure it would be a bad idea to get the kids drunk on ice cream.

Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream
Courtesy of Sunset

1 pint whipping cream 
1/2 cup milk  
1 cup packed light brown sugar 
1 cup pumpkin puree 
1 teaspoon ground ginger 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract  
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps 
2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)

Whisk all ingredients except gingersnaps and bourbon in a bowl to blend. Strain into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

Scrape ice cream into a bowl and stir in gingersnaps and bourbon (if using). Freeze, covered, until scoopable, 2 1/2 hours and up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment