Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Orange Tofu Rice Bowl

Eh. It's not a bad dish, it's just not very exciting. I definitely had to double the sauce part of the recipe to have it taste like anything at all. And after looking at the reviews on the Kraft Foods website, it looks like I wasn't the only one.

I wonder if maybe using tofu instead of chicken (which is what the original recipe calls for) affected the taste. I'm not sure I care to compare, but if you do try the chicken, let me know what you think.

By all means, try this recipe if you're looking for a simple Asian recipe. But don't be expected to be blown away.

Orange Tofu Rice Bowl
A variation on this recipe from Kraft Foods


14 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/2 cup orange juice
3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables (I think fresh veggies may actually work better)
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
1/4 cup chopped peanuts


Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add tofu; stir-fry until starting to brown.

Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Serve over rice. Sprinkle with nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment